POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Sub-orbital lifting platform- WIP : Re: Sub-orbital lifting platform- WIP Server Time
13 Aug 2024 17:28:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Sub-orbital lifting platform- WIP
From: Corey
Date: 10 Feb 2003 21:42:53
Message: <3e48632d@news.povray.org>
"Sir Charles W. Shults III" <aic### [at] cflrrcom> wrote in message
>     Thanks.  Making the scenery realistic is a prime mover in selling an
idea
> like this.  Even some wooden-headed congress critter might be impressed by
those
> odd stirrings of imagination that hits them and sign a few checks.

If you wanna go all out on realism why don't you use some high res image and
bump maps of the real earth?
http://gw.marketingden.com/planets/earth.html

If you want the planet to be imaginary you could still get away with using
their cloud maps as I've never really seen a good procedural cloud texture
for an entire planet.

Corey

---