POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Media effects... (Worldbowl 2003 WIP) : Re: Media effects... (Worldbowl 2003 WIP) Server Time
13 Aug 2024 17:25:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Media effects... (Worldbowl 2003 WIP)
From: hughes, b
Date: 10 Feb 2003 18:14:10
Message: <3e483242@news.povray.org>
"Tim Nikias" <tim### [at] gmxde> wrote in message

> > Have you used media_attenuation in the light source?
> Sure, how else would media interact with lights?

media_attenuation, not media_interaction which is already used by default.
Attenuation so the light falls off with distance through the media. I wasn't
sure if you had already used both those keywords in the light_source.
However, now I'm thinking it might affect the entire media object instead of
only where the clouds appear. I say that because I just checked on that by
using a cloud animation I was trying out after someone had asked about a
fly-thru of clouds.

What I was suggesting about the density before would probably go like this:

        [0.50 rgb 0.0]
        [0.50 rgb 0.25]
        [0.55 rgb 3.0] // whatever is best for this part, a shell effect
        [0.60 rgb 0.5]
        [1.00 rgb 1.0]

But not having tried it I couldn't say it is right.