POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Media effects... (Worldbowl 2003 WIP) : Re: Media effects... (Worldbowl 2003 WIP) Server Time
13 Aug 2024 17:23:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Media effects... (Worldbowl 2003 WIP)
From: Tim Nikias
Date: 10 Feb 2003 15:16:19
Message: <3e480893@news.povray.org>
Thanks for the praise! But I don't get what you're
trying to tell me with
"maybe birds, some dark, and some light, (to reflect that
moon or lamp)".
Do you mean dark and light birds in terms of color, or
something entirely different (like dark birds, but something
smaller which also sheds light into the worldbowl, like a house
with glowing windows or such)?

The problem about the objects that might be put into the
worldbowl is the scale. For one, the scale inside is just
extreme, if you look at the snow-covered peaks of the
mountains, an actual aeroplane would probably be only
about two or maximum of 3 pixels large.
Perhaps I'll have to change the scale of the mountains,
especially their steepness and the texturing, to get a smaller
scale, and then create some huts or such...
I kinda like the idea of some small campfire with a little
smoketrail (media, of course). Though its broad daylight inside
the bowl... Hm. Got to give it some more thought.

Regards,
Tim

--
Tim Nikias