POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Dominos without MechSim (0/2) : Re: Dominos without MechSim (0/2) Server Time
19 Jul 2024 09:29:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Dominos without MechSim (0/2)
From: Hugo Asm
Date: 10 Feb 2003 10:11:12
Message: <3e47c110$1@news.povray.org>
> These should not be part of a renderer which should
> just render any datafile whe feed it.

In other words, we could remove half of POV-Ray because it's not very
useful? On the other hand, this is what makes POV-Ray unique.

I predict that in 10 years, Hollywood will use POV-Ray to model and raytrace
everything in their films. The studios will even use it to make coffee.
Moreover, it will replace ICQ and people will communicate through POV-Ray.
The operating system on most computers will be POV based.. well you get the
idea.. ;o)  It might be overdriven but POV-Ray is not just a raytracer. It's
already being developed as a programming language, and no experiments are
really useless. It will be interesting to see where the mechsim will go.

But thanks for your input. Of course there will be different opinions, and
we can probably learn something from everyone.

Regards,
Hugo