POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Dominos without MechSim (0/2) : Re: Dominos without MechSim (0/2) Server Time
19 Jul 2024 09:24:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Dominos without MechSim (0/2)
From: Hugo Asm
Date: 10 Feb 2003 07:47:07
Message: <3e479f4b@news.povray.org>
Looks nice, but if it's not done with POV, I doubt it's faster and more
flexible. Only if you don't need POV's features!

I see the link you gave to the "ODE" is freeware and that's very nice, but
worlds in POV-Ray are rarely made of polygons and therefore can't be
exported to other programs. A POV-Ray user usually tries to visualise things
in his head, and then write the code. This is entirely different from
actually seeing the visualisation and trying to understand what's going on.

Generally, it's not easier for me to switch between several programs.. It
complicates the process a lot.. I think the mechsim in POV-Ray is going to
be a key feature in the future.. However, if the "ODE" is really free maybe
it's features could be ported to POV.

Regards,
Hugo