POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : newbie first attempt : Re: newbie first attempt Server Time
13 Aug 2024 17:23:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: newbie first attempt
From: Bill Hails
Date: 9 Feb 2003 17:12:49
Message: <3e46d261@news.povray.org>
There's a 1280x1024 (jpeg :-) of this at
http://thyme.homelinux.net/sandman1.jpg
(1 mbit cable modem from my home box)

render time about 3 hours for the foreground, 3 minutes for the sky, on a
Pentium III running Linux, plus 1 or 2 minutes manual labour glueing the
two together afterwards.

I'm not sure about the sky (changed since the last posting), but the random
statues look organic (almost erotic if you squint at them the wrong way :-)

apologies to all for the prevoius posting of a huge .png, I wasn't aware
that pngs were that big wrt jpegs.

--
Gee batman, is there *anything* you don't understand?
Yes Robin, several things.