POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : newbie first attempt : Re: newbie first attempt Server Time
13 Aug 2024 17:28:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: newbie first attempt
From: Zeger Knaepen
Date: 9 Feb 2003 11:41:39
Message: <3e4684c3@news.povray.org>
"Bill Hails" <bil### [at] europeyahoo-inccom> schreef in bericht
> This is my first big povray project, so be gentle with me :-)
Ok, but you should learn when to use JPEG...  Look at this:
http://sad.studentenweb.org/sandman1.jpg
The same image, but about 7 times smaller in filesize.

> It took me about five weeks of evenings and weekends, mostly because
> I am learning as I go.
Those 5 weeks were worth it, it's a very nice image!

> It's also a blatant cheat in two ways.  Firstly the "set design" is't
> mine, it's a direct copy of a drawing from one of the "Sandman" comic
> books "The Friendly Ones" If I knew the artist's name I would credit
> him.  Secondly it's actually a composite of two povray images, the night
> sky was done separately an then merged with the throne room using the
> Gimp (a Unix Photoshop equivalent) but I honestly don't think there was
> any way to achieve the same effect with just povray alone.
I don't see why not... Don't underestimate POV-Ray :)

cu!
--
ZK AKA SaD
http://www.povplace.be.tf