POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Convex Hull macro ... (31KB + 28KB) : Re: Convex Hull macro ... (31KB + 28KB) Server Time
28 Apr 2024 19:25:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Convex Hull macro ... (31KB + 28KB)
From: Tim Nikias
Date: 9 Feb 2003 11:01:53
Message: <3e467b71$1@news.povray.org>
Ehm, I guess you misunderstood the algorithm's concept.

It takes a cloud of points and creates a mesh which
tries to build a surface out of those points.
Look at
http://graphics.stanford.edu/~fedkiw/
for scientific examples, especially the images with
blue shapes.

If you're interested in how to spread points equally on
a sphere, you might want to search for "electrostatic
repulsion", or look at this:

http://www.math.niu.edu/~rusin/known-math/index/spheres.html

It has some useful links on how you might generate what
you need. I've found almost no method which actually places
one point after another with best distribution...

Regards,
Tim

--
Tim Nikias