POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Out of reach : Re: Out of reach Server Time
14 Aug 2024 01:18:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Out of reach
From: Tim Nikias
Date: 9 Feb 2003 06:55:26
Message: <3e4641ae@news.povray.org>
> But that's the funny thing! I *know* they'll pass. My logic and common
> sense tells me so. However, feelings are not controlled by logic... They
> are not there to make sense, they just are. That is what makes them
> difficult to deal with, and it is also what makes them beautiful.

You're right about that one. If they'd be so easy to control, what would
falling in love with someone actually imply? As it is, it is a very strong
bond, not easily to be shaken once you're there, unless mistrust or
misbehaviour put stress on that.
You've got to find a position for yourself, where you can get a grasp
of what you're feeling more precisely, and know the cause and effect.
It helps at least taking control and the initiave on your mood.

I, for one, have found that knowing what stresses and freaks me out
helps me avoid situations like those, and, since I know what I actually
WANT to feel, I know how to react to new situations in order to not
keep thinking about them for months and months after.

Though that took a while to learn, and doesn't work fully yet... ;-)

Regards,
Tim

--
Tim Nikias