POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Lion (IRTC) WIP - 95% ready [2 attach.] : Re: Lion (IRTC) WIP - 95% ready [2 attach.] Server Time
13 Aug 2024 19:28:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Lion (IRTC) WIP - 95% ready [2 attach.]
From: Slashdolt
Date: 7 Feb 2003 15:39:21
Message: <3e441979$1@news.povray.org>
> (And provided I finish in time, probably not going to be able to get all
the
> detail I wanted... oh well, learning a lot, including the fact that
> although sphere sweeps make very nice looking tack on a horse, I could
have
> done the same thing in Hamapatch in about a twentieth of the time...)

I know what you mean there.  I did many things in this entry (including
sphere sweeps) which I find out later there is another, perhaps better way,
using other tools.  Unfortunately, I have yet to learn any of these tools,
and at this point in the competition, I don't really have the time to worry
about it.  That's one of the reasons I won't likely be in the next couple
competitions.  Heck, I just figured out what a sphere-sweep was a couple
weeks ago!

Good luck in the IRTC!

--
Slash