POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : 2seat : Re: 2seat Server Time
13 Aug 2024 19:27:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 2seat
From: Micheal (Mike) Williams
Date: 5 Feb 2003 13:50:23
Message: <3e415cef@news.povray.org>
If I was ever to build this car at the moment with my current knowledge I
would build it out of a polyurethane foam core covered in Kevlar with cabin
fiber internal ribbing. You shape the foam to the primary form of the car.
Then carve ribs into the foam based on computer engineered strength
requirements. The carbine fiber is then composite into the ribs. A layer of
carbine fiber may have to cover the whole car also. Then the Kevlar is added
to the whole car. Once this is complete the required panels and hatches are
cut out and hinged into place.

There is not a bulb yet in the light. The light cover is transparent and the
dome back is reflective but there is not any illumination. It looks lit but
that is just reflection.

My idea is to create limited number automobiles. I just do not see why I
would buy a car that anyone else could buy and then think that some how I
have a better car than anyone else. The mustang I buy is no faster or better
than any one else's mustang. But if I build a car from scratch or buy a one
of a kind then I truly can state my car is better than yours. It is truly
all subjective anyway but at least I know mine is different. I do not know
the time line for this but it will happen.

I have it animated. I will put it on p.b.a