POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : abstract : Re: abstract Server Time
13 Aug 2024 19:19:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: abstract
From: Aaron
Date: 4 Feb 2003 19:38:14
Message: <3e405cf6@news.povray.org>
> Hmmm.. I think I need an eye-test. The first time the cells looked
> like depressions. Now, on rechecking, they look raised and OK. I guess
> the lighting confuses the eye.

Yeah I think thats one thing about the image I like.  :)

Its a pity I can't seem to get rid of the banding effect.

I tried to re-render at a higher resolution and the banding was worse.
Tried with and without radiosity and photons with little or no difference to
the banding.  Tried saving in other file formats as well but it seems to be
at the rendering stage.

I seem to have that problem with some of my images now. I was going through
my collection and found a lot.  Does anyone know of a good way to reduce
this?

I hadn't noticed it before because I have in the past been looking at the
models and textures.

Aaron

---