POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Ship : RE: Ship Server Time
13 Aug 2024 19:26:41 EDT (-0400)
  RE: Ship
From: Txemi Jendrix
Date: 4 Feb 2003 14:01:08
Message: <3e400df4@news.povray.org>

3e3e9161@news.povray.org...
> I will try the verable reflection. Any "dirt" that can be added to a scene
> always add reality. Plus some spots and other marks.
>
> How did you apply it? With a pattern?

About the dirt, a bit of code form Gilles Tran:

"The little function below (or variations thereof) gives nice dirt streaks
when applied over a texture :
pigment{
         function {min(1,max(0,y))}
         turbulence 0.5 lambda 3 poly_wave 2 scale <0.1,1,1>
         color_map{ // or pigment_map
                 [0 Black]
                 [1 Clear]
         }
}
Unlike gradient, it's not repeating and unlike planar it's not symmetrical,
which means that the streaks extend in the positive y direction only (in
this case). It's much easier to control too. I've been using it to darken
and add streaks to tops or bottoms of walls, corners or edges of sidewalks
etc."

Hope this helps.

Txemi Jendrix
http://www.txemijendrix.com