POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Some radiosity issues : Re: Some radiosity issues Server Time
13 Aug 2024 19:29:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Some radiosity issues
From: Peter Hertel
Date: 3 Feb 2003 14:16:13
Message: <3e3ebffd@news.povray.org>
> Your image is simply way too dark.  Making the light source much brighter
> will certainly improve it (alternatively you can also try the film
> exposure function in megapov).
Doh.. something didn't connect properly in my brain..
I added a 150 light multiplyer to the light, and it worked great. I lost
most of the warm colors in the light though.. I'll have to play around some
more.

> Also note that modifying contrast/brightness/gamma in the (8 bit) image
> afterwards will strongly reduce the quality - most artefacts in your third
> image do not seem to be caused by radiosity but by the limited color
> resolution.
Yeah.. I know.. It was mostly to get some hints of where I was planning to
go. And since brightness/constrast editing isn't permitted in IRTC, it's not
an option, really.

Thank you for your reply!

-Peter