POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : See them glows fall : Re: See them glows fall Server Time
19 Jul 2024 11:20:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: See them glows fall
From: Andrew Cocker
Date: 30 Jan 2003 16:48:50
Message: <3e399dc2$1@news.povray.org>
"Hugo Asm" <hua### [at] post3teledk> wrote in message news:3e391bd3$1@news.povray.org...
> Hmm.. shadows? why?

Because otherwise there was nothing to show that the glows were actually hitting the
floor..
they could just as well have been shown against a background {}.

> And how do you avoid the glow bug?? Makes me envy. Now somebody will
> probably call me incompetent or something.. Have you tried with strong glow
> colors and lots of glows? Maybe it will be visible then.

Dunno what the glow bug is. Don't think I've ever come across it. There were lots of
glows (
hundreds IIRC), colours were not all that bright, but I used fade_power 3 I think,
which made
them appear much stronger.

All the best,

Andy Cocker