POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Summer Scene (final version?) [135KB] : Re: Summer Scene (final version?) [135KB] Server Time
13 Aug 2024 21:18:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Summer Scene (final version?) [135KB]
From: Slashdolt
Date: 29 Jan 2003 09:38:36
Message: <3e37e76c@news.povray.org>
Where I grew up, we had an oak tree that was dead for 2 years, and then one
day it started growing again.  That was about 20 years ago, and it's still
alive.  Many of the old limbs never came back to life, and eventually fell
off, so only the newer, younger, thinner branches had leaves.

Anyway, this tree gives me the same impression.  To further that effect, you
could enforce the idea that only one side of the tree is still living, and
the other side is decaying.  It looks like perhaps it got hit by lightning,
or perhaps a wind-storm knocked off the top.  Making the large rounded
branch and trunk portions more jagged may enhance that idea.  Of course,
that probably wouldn't be the easiest thing to do...