POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Re: Mechanical Glow Dangler : Re: Mechanical Glow Dangler Server Time
19 Jul 2024 11:33:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Mechanical Glow Dangler
From: Andrew Cocker
Date: 29 Jan 2003 05:50:20
Message: <3e37b1ec$1@news.povray.org>
"Tek" <tek### [at] evilsuperbraincom> wrote in message news:3e372a90$1@news.povray.org...
> Well done, you've just convinced me to download megapov 1.0! :)

Great.

> That's a stunning animation. The lighting's amazing. How long did it take to
> render?

Thanks. It was really quick actually, because I ended up using actual light_sources
within the
'glowstring' (60 actually), rather than using radiosity and glows only (see my image
in
p.b.i.), as I couldn't get rid of artifacts and still have it render in my lifetime.

Probably 20 secs a frame, with about 2 seconds 'mechsim' time between frames.

All the best,

Andy Cocker