POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Uh oh... version 2 (148kbu) : Re: Uh oh... version 2 (148kbu) Server Time
13 Aug 2024 21:28:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Uh oh... version 2 (148kbu)
From: Alan Holding
Date: 26 Jan 2003 23:04:35
Message: <3e34afd3@news.povray.org>
"hughes, b." <omn### [at] charternet> wrote in message
> "Alan Holding" <man### [at] nildramcouk> wrote in message
> > Currently updating an old image (original here:
> > http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.images/19166/).
> >
> > Any comments?
>
> Yeah... that barrel looks fantastic! Oh, and so does the rest of the scene.

Hi, Bob.

The barrel?  A cylinder, four torii and a disc.  Slap on a few rusty image maps
(thanks to NewTek and Jeremy A. Englemen) and - viola!

> Problem maybe... The placements of the characters and basketball don't seem
> to be right. Well, for the guy in the middle it does. Looks as if the guy on
> the right is too far back. Guy on left seems okay if he is going for the
> head of the middle guy ;-)

The dude on the left is indeed going for a ninja spine splash.

You're right about the dude on the right.  May re-pose him.

> I don't remember ever seeing that other rendering. The sign could be toned
> down a little I guess, it's blindingly white to me. Intense sunlight is
> there I suppose. Now that I think about it I wonder if those shadows are too
> light as well. It probably depends on whether this is seen firsthand or
> photo of it is intended.

The lighting definitely needs tweaking.  Been doing some tests with regular and
HDR radiosity, but still to find the high-contrast glaring sunlight look I'm
after.  Could do it using post-processing, but that would be cheating.

Thanks for your comments!

Alan.