POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Asteroid field : Re: Asteroid field Server Time
13 Aug 2024 21:25:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Asteroid field
From: Tek
Date: 25 Jan 2003 18:11:46
Message: <3e3319b2@news.povray.org>
Sir Charles W. Shults III <aic### [at] cflrrcom> wrote in message
>     Definitely more grayness to them for realism.  Also, they should be much
> smoother.  And in space, if you were in an asteroid field, you would not see
> other asteroids nearby except as an occasional point of light moving very
slowly
> across the sky.
>     Let me dig out some of my asteroid stuff and see how they look.  Hopefully
> have something worth posting.
>     By the way, nice picture.

I'd be very interested to see a good realistic picture. I don't think I'll
bother making them realistic, but I'd still like to know how they should look.

BTW, why should they be smoother? Surely only the ones big enough to have some
significant gravity would be smooth ('cause they'll attract dust to get a smooth
surface). In case you're wondering these rocks are around 50m in diameter.

--
Tek
http://www.evilsuperbrain.com