POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Teleportation, IRTC wip (DivX 5.02) : Re: Teleportation, IRTC wip (DivX 5.02) Server Time
19 Jul 2024 17:10:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Teleportation, IRTC wip (DivX 5.02)
From: Peter Hertel
Date: 25 Jan 2003 13:10:14
Message: <3e32d306@news.povray.org>
First, your animation looks really great!
How did you do the flash thing?

> Well the idea is they can't control exactly where they go, they just
appear in a
> random place in the universe, so they need a vessel to survive the hostile
> environments.

Ship to base:
..we're stuck INSIDE a planet..
or
..it's a little hot, we just apperaed 100 meters from a star..

oh well.. :)

> Plus my idea is that they keep hopping randomly like this until they
randomly
> appear within a certain distance of their desired destination, then they
use
> conventional engines to complete the journey.

Sounds like fun!
Just like the infinite improbability drive :)

> It would be a bit of a boring animation to the "journey" round if the
entire
> journey took 0 seconds! :)

True.. but the journey could be a lot of different places?

Good luck with the rest of the animation!

-Peter