POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : pots WIP : Re: pots WIP Server Time
13 Aug 2024 21:27:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: pots WIP
From: Mike Williams
Date: 24 Jan 2003 13:29:59
Message: <3e318627@news.povray.org>
"Fdoutel" <fdo### [at] nospamhotmailcom> wrote in message
> Mike Williams wrote:
> >Ok here it is. I am still trying to decide on the background. A stone or
> >wood feince or somthing. I am also not sure if the lamp works or if I
should
> >build somthing more indian style. I was looking for something that would
> >work but I can not find any examples of indian lamps or torches. If any
one
> >has an idea of what an indian torch or lamp looks like please let me
know.

> Hi, some suggestions.
>
> I think you could use some cloth/fur/leather for the background to
simulate
> the interior of a tent. It would be nice to have some coarse seams done
> with leather in it, maybe patches of leather/fur. If you want to keep the
> environment, you could open a door in the tent to show a little of it. Add
> some cactus or other type of vegetation to add a natural touch.

The problem with a tent or tepee is that pottry by indians would come from
indians living in adobe. I have thought about that as a backround. A good
leather cloth on the table would work though. That also solves the table
problem. Though I kind of like the look of the table but it really does not
fit in.

> What about adding a totem?

Could use a totem but those where not real prevailant either. But could be
intersting to build. Good idea.

> The lamp I think is a little out of place. What about using some pot or a
> dish with oil and flames over it for illuminating the scene?

I had done this to begin with. I was hopeing for somthing more like a staff
with leather and feathers hanging with the top lit. But I am not sure if
this would be right for indians.

> The texture of the table seems a little weird to me, but this is easily
> solved.

Is it because the wood grain changes. It was to look like boards set next to
each other.

> You could add also some other instrument other than pots (a pipe, some
> ritual utils, garments, ...)
If I have time. i am hoping i can get this done in time.

> Don't get me wrong. These are only my suggestions. You are doing an
> excellent work!
Thanks and I am an artist. I would not take critisizum in the wrong way. If
your ideas help me win then why would I complain. Is not the spirit of
povray the working together of individuals.