POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.scene-files : Round/bevel: Include file : Re: Round/bevel: Include file Server Time
2 Sep 2024 04:14:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Round/bevel: Include file
From: Doctor John
Date: 24 Jan 2003 11:42:11
Message: <3e316ce3$1@news.povray.org>

<snip all>
Just a little problem here, Frank. Although at first glance the code looks
amazing and your pic in p.b.i. is impressive, have you actually tested the
file as a demo?
I ran it (twice) last night and the file behaves as though it enters an
infinite loop at the start of parsing.
Checking what Povray was using in the way of my machine's resources gave CPU
usage 98% and Mem usage 0.1% which is the sort of values that I would expect
on a permanent non-processing loop.

BTW Yes, I did wait. Two hours for the first test and 1.5 for the second.

Just to see what the macros do, I'm going to strip the file tonight and test
each section independently. I may even find the source of the problem.

John
--
Run Fast
Run Free