POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Textures Subsurface Scattering : Re: Textures Subsurface Scattering Server Time
13 Aug 2024 21:28:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Textures Subsurface Scattering
From: Andrew Coppin
Date: 23 Jan 2003 17:12:48
Message: <3e3068e0@news.povray.org>
This is a really interesting effect...

I actually did something sort of similar a while back - I was trying to
simulate an actual rock I have on my shelf. Parts of it are totally
transparent, and parts are milky white. It's not quite the same thing as
you're trying to do, but now you've jogged my memory maybe I'll post it...

This is the first time I've replied, but I've been watching your experiments
on this stuff with interest - keep up the good work ;-)

Andrew.