POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Got carried away... : Re: Got carried away... Server Time
13 Aug 2024 21:20:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Got carried away...
From: Jim Charter
Date: 23 Jan 2003 16:41:59
Message: <3e3061a7@news.povray.org>
Jaime Vives Piqueres wrote:

>   I keep seing these amazing models done with Wings3d... I must try to
> investigate why it doesn't compiles on my system: seems worth another
> try to see if I can manage a GUI-modeller (;)).

Jaime, have you visited the Spiraloid Digital Sculpting Forum?
http://cube.phlatt.net/forums/spiraloid/
One moderator is Bay Raitt ( ...did Gollum ).  It treats "digital
sculpting" as an artform in itself.  There seems to be a strong
predisposition to extend the traditions of figurative art into 3D
character art, with a appreciation for anatomical accuracy.  It mostly
involves polygonal mesh modelling and the astonishing organic effects
that can be achieved. The technique involves creating a faceted "cage"
then "smoothing" or interpelating the vertices
to get an organic surface.  Wings3d, of course, offers a simple but
powerful toolset to support this particular technique.  -Jim