POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : mechsim falling balls, 610 KBU mpeg1 : Re: mechsim falling balls, 610 KBU mpeg1 Server Time
19 Jul 2024 11:31:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: mechsim falling balls, 610 KBU mpeg1
From: Andrew Cocker
Date: 23 Jan 2003 08:50:38
Message: <3e2ff32e$1@news.povray.org>
"Thomas van der Veen" <tho### [at] gmxnet> wrote in message
news:Xns### [at] 204213191226...
> Hi all,
>
> Another try of the mechsim feature in Megapov. Although the balls still
> fall from the same spot each time, they bounce into each other so that
> gives some randomness. I will post the source for both animation shortly.

I really like this one, particularly the scene layout.
To give more randomness to the start (and therefore the end positions), perhaps you
could add
a random velocity to each mass when they are created. I would do it like this:

#include "rand.inc"
#declare TT=seed(7);
#declare Variation=0.2;

mass {
        <0, 0, 0>,
        <RRand(-Variation,Variation,TT),
        RRand(-Variation,Variation,TT),
        RRand(-Variation,Variation,TT)>, // Maybe leave vertical velocity at zero?
        0.1
        density 600
}

Also, you could try changing the error_bound to something like 0.8 or 1 (is it
currently at
0.1?), which may help with the radiosity blotches you are getting around the spheres
(at the
expence of accuracy though).

All the best,

Andy Cocker