POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.animations : Suggested future topic : Re: Suggested future topic Server Time
27 Jul 2024 08:11:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Suggested future topic
From: simian
Date: 23 Jan 2003 08:28:14
Message: <3e2fedee$1@news.povray.org>
On Thu, 31 Oct 2002 16:59:44 -0500, John VanSickle wrote:

> A while back, for the stills round, the topic for October was announced
> as "Horror," an entire year in advance, so that artists would have an
> entire year to work on the results.
>
> I'd like to make a suggestion for the animation round in a similar vein.
>  The topic would be Rusty, and October 2003 will be Rusty's 5th
> birthday.  As my humble part, I would make the Rusty sources, plus
> advice on their proper use, available to the community, and I would also
> refrain from entering that round.  Everyone would have a year to make
> the coolest Rusty animation they could whip up.
>
> What say ye?

	Rusty as your character is like a serial or to be continued. You do
Saturday matinee serials without the cliff hanger -- hint.

	So to use your models they would have to fit into your thread and your
reality. For example, Rusty destroys the White House would be out of
character. Rusty meets Rustyette is not in character.

	One appreciates the desire to procreate one's creation with a father's
pride.

	However practice is, your model is in povray and that does not translate
to other rendering systems. So it would limit participation to povray
addicts.