POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Just the feet (635 kbbu) : Re: Just the feet (635 kbbu) Server Time
19 Jul 2024 11:38:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Just the feet (635 kbbu)
From: hughes, b
Date: 22 Jan 2003 13:16:51
Message: <3e2ee013@news.povray.org>
"Greg M. Johnson" <gregj:-)56590@ao:-)l.com> wrote in message
news:3e2e8cc7@news.povray.org...
> I suppose it violates human nature to say "look only at the improvement in
> the feet construction and be impressed" --  a walk *is* an organic thing.

That certainly looks better alright. Yeah, I didn't exactly say anything
supportive before did I? :-) Although I had noticed the feet were doing as I
saw recently at a web page simulating a human walk. The toes leave the
ground only after the other foot's heel touches. Toe, heel, toe, heel,
falling forward. Same for the knee bending on the trailing leg. I'm
wondering if the leg is being raised too much for a "walk" though. It's kind
of a jog, I think. In fact, this animation sped up several times would
probably be perfect to look like jogging. Oh, except there isn't enough
up/down motion of the body for that.

Oh hey, now this is great... I just discovered a play speed setting in
Windows Media Player 9. The walker guy looks real good at 1.8X and is
jogging at 4X. There isn't a setting between 2X and 4X but I think 3X might
have been nice to be able to see.