POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.animations : Copyright infringements? : Re: Copyright infringements? Server Time
6 May 2024 02:23:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Copyright infringements?
From: simian
Date: 22 Jan 2003 03:39:29
Message: <3e2e58c1$1@news.povray.org>
On Tue, 21 Jan 2003 21:23:27 -0500, Tom Galvin wrote:

> simian <mik### [at] localhostlocaldomain> wrote in

>>      As I and others have pointed out, there must first be a cease and
>>      desist order.

> That sounds like:

>   If a tree falls in a forest and there is no one there to hear it...
>   Does it make a sound?

> The IRTC admins could just chuck out the entries in question at their
> own discretion.

	I have had enough. I tried to add some clarification and all I get is
grief.

	So I leave you all with this. Literally hundreds of copyrighted fonts
have made their way into the public domain but still have copyright
protection. How many contest submissions both animation and stills
incorporate copyrighted fonts? And who is going to take on that exercise
in futility?