POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.animations : Copyright infringements? : Re: Copyright infringements? Server Time
5 May 2024 19:56:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Copyright infringements?
From: simian
Date: 21 Jan 2003 20:06:57
Message: <3e2deeb1$1@news.povray.org>
On Tue, 21 Jan 2003 08:30:11 -0500, Warp wrote:

> simian <mik### [at] localhostlocaldomain> wrote:
>> 	And he is correctly saying there is no risk at all. If the copyright
>> holder notifies the IRTC of the violation and the IRTC removes it, that
>> is the end of it. Lawsuits are not permitted if the material is
>> promptly deleted. If one were filed it would likely be considered
>> barotry which could make the IRTC rich should the RIAA file it.
>
>   You don't seem to understand what "wanting to stay out of trouble"
>   means.
> Lawsuits require lawyers, money, time, and it's always a risk in many
> ways, one of them being getting negative publicity.
>   You might, as an individual, be ready to risk all that, but they, as a
> reputable entity, may not.

	As I and others have pointed out, there must first be a cease and desist
order. If upon receipt of that order the material is removed from the
website there is no further recourse. Any possibility of trouble ends
there. There is no call of any lawyers unless the IRTC wishes to contest the
order and challenge the assertion of copyright. Adverse publicity? For
making a mistake?

	Why are you being so confrontational? Are we not just exchanging
opinions as laymen in this matter?