POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.animations : Copyright infringements? : Re: Copyright infringements? Server Time
19 May 2024 05:26:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Copyright infringements?
From: simian
Date: 21 Jan 2003 04:19:35
Message: <3e2d10a7$1@news.povray.org>
On Fri, 17 Jan 2003 21:14:20 -0500, Lance Birch wrote:

> I've just looked through the latest entries for the animation round
> (Speed) and noticed that there are several instances of copyright music
> being used without permission.

> What gives?  I take it this isn't allowed (it never used to be).

	Pardon if I am being repetative but I think this is the bottom line. The
IRTC is solely responsible for determining if an entry complies with the
rules. The IRTC has put all the entries up for voting therefore the IRTC
has judged them to be in compliance with the rules.

	Therefore no one should vote under the assumption they are contrary to
the rules when the IRTC has determined they are in compliance with the
rules.

	If the IRTC feels these were oversights they can removed them from the
competition.