POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : GNUstep logo scene - corrected version - 1024 : Re: GNUstep logo scene - corrected version - 1024 Server Time
13 Aug 2024 21:17:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: GNUstep logo scene - corrected version - 1024
From: Denis Bodor
Date: 20 Jan 2003 16:54:29
Message: <3e2c7015$1@news.povray.org>
In article <3e2c1895$1@news.povray.org>, Shay wrote:
>> Any comments appreciated.
> As Ross Litscher mentioned, the logo is very nice. The drawing beneath it,
> however, does not look correct. My mother drew houseplans by hand, on a
> drafting table for twenty years, and never once did I see her make a line
> freehand like those in the bottom drawing. My brother is in college to
> become an engineer, and I can't imagine his doing so either.

Oh... yes... hummm... but....

The drawings on the scene are the real ones. I just scanned my
working papers about the GNUstep Logo and add them in the scene.

The drawing beneath can be see as the "making of" the scene.
I don't use anything else but pencil, paper, Vi, POV-Ray and The Gimp.

> Since so little is done by hand now, perhaps a large finished drawing with
> pencil notes would be more familiar to most.
>  -Shay

Regards
Denis