POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.animations : Copyright infringements? : Re: Copyright infringements? Server Time
6 May 2024 22:13:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Copyright infringements?
From: Tek
Date: 20 Jan 2003 13:37:07
Message: <3e2c41d3@news.povray.org>
argus <arg### [at] npqrnet> wrote in message news:3e2bfe36$1@news.povray.org...
> What does getting sued have to do with anything?

I think the point here is the IRTC want to protect against being sued. It's
possible that one day the copyright owners will pursue legal action against the
IRTC for distributing their music, and that would doubtless mean the website
would have to shut down.

Now, however unlikely this may be, I don't think there's anything wrong with the
IRTC protecting against it. Though I agree that this should take the form of the
IRTC disqualifying those entries and removing them from the site, so voting is
irrelevant. It's not the responsibility of the voters to pass judgement, it's
the responsibility of the admins to actively protect the IRTC from what they see
as a possible legal threat.

Though I don't know why I'm bothering to point this out as you see to have
ignored the other people saying the same thing...

--
Tek
http://www.evilsuperbrain.com