POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Worldbowl - New Perspective Take 2 : Re: Worldbowl - New Perspective Take 2 Server Time
13 Aug 2024 21:21:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Worldbowl - New Perspective Take 2
From: Shay
Date: 20 Jan 2003 10:33:42
Message: <3e2c16d6$1@news.povray.org>
"Tim Nikias" <tim### [at] gmxde> wrote in message

Best yet. The window just looks wrong now, however. I would suggest moving
the lamp so that the reflection is not so prominent in the window. I think
that I expect more reflection in the window, at least in the illuminated
part. Perhaps a hard shadow line across the window with the room reflected
in the illuminated portion and the outside visible in the shaded portion
would add some realism.

If the worldbowl is meant to suggest a broad scale of thinking, then some
suggestion in the window that the location of the house is actually present
in the worldbowl might strengthen that association. The reflection of the
moon in the ocean outside of the window might be appropriate. I believe that
a broad view of the resident's own situation would be more interesting than
a broad view of a distant landscape.

 -Shay