POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.animations : Copyright infringements? : Re: Copyright infringements? Server Time
6 May 2024 22:36:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Copyright infringements?
From: argus
Date: 20 Jan 2003 08:56:02
Message: <3e2bfff2$1@news.povray.org>
"John VanSickle" <evi### [at] hotmailcom> wrote in message
> argus wrote:

[snips]

> > Who's copyright?
> > This is the IRTC, eh? Not the AmericanRTC.
> >
> > The point is that what may be protected in the USA is public domain in
> > the rest of the world.
>
> Since one of the people to whom you are responding is Finnish, I
> think we know this already.
>
> > Other points:
> >
> > 1. Copyright infringement is a pursuit for those who believe their
> > property has been infringed. No action is ever taken without a
> > complaint by the ip owner. It is not the job, or duty,  by either law
> > or IRTC rules, for anyone to police copyright issues vis a vis IRTC
> > entries.
>
> Dude, we are not talking about hauling the copyright violators into
> court.  Are are talking about whether and how to exclude copyright
> violations from the contest.

You are the one making the accusation, John.
Make your case.
Provide some facts.
Show the way to a reasonable application fo the rules.

What have you done other than  point a finger, make an unfounded
accusation and attempt to sway other's votes?

Do something more than cy wolf and myou may persuade me
to change my vote to <1,1,1,> as you want. If all you do is
try to re-enact the Salem witch trials then you can not be taken
seriously. Period.

> Exactly what part of "You may not violate copyrights of any sort" do
> you not understand?

Exactly what part of put your money where your mouth is don't
you understand?

How can you justify, John, your apparent unthinking, blind act
of unfounded accusation of copyright violation done in a
short shrift manner with only the goal of influencing other's votes?

Provide some evidence or stop trying to influence votes.