POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.animations : Copyright infringements? : Re: Copyright infringements? Server Time
6 May 2024 13:31:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Copyright infringements?
From: argus
Date: 20 Jan 2003 08:48:38
Message: <3e2bfe36$1@news.povray.org>
"Greg M. Johnson" <gregj:-)56590@ao:-)l.com> wrote in message
news:3e2b19a8$1@news.povray.org...
> "argus" <arg### [at] npqrnet> wrote in message news:3e29f965@news.povray.org...
>
> > Remember, there is no infringement without a complaint by an
> > alleged owner and without a formal leglal proceeding followed
> > by a judgement in court.
>
> Any group of persons can say, "You can only upload things on my server on
> the condition that it doesn't even make me think about copyright issues."
> They have the right to say keep the rubbish off my server.  You don't have
> the right to say, Take it unless You're sued or I'll sue you.

What does getting sued have to do with anything?

An accusation has been made by one person who hasn't checked any
facts that an IRTC entrant's` work should be voted <1,1,1> by every
voter.

As explained elsewhere the admin team had minimal exposure here.

What is important is dealing with what may very well be a violation
of the IRTC anim rules.

If there is any foundation for the accusation I will consider re-evaluating
my vote.

Show me some facts - don't expect me to vote the way someone wants
me to based on nothing.