POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : WIP Boat02 (85 Kb) : RE: WIP Boat02 (85 Kb) Server Time
13 Aug 2024 21:18:32 EDT (-0400)
  RE: WIP Boat02 (85 Kb)
From: Txemi Jendrix
Date: 19 Jan 2003 16:56:34
Message: <3e2b1f12@news.povray.org>

opri9dp8q83mw2t5@news.povray.org...
> On Sun, 19 Jan 2003 05:45:41 +0100
> If you want the construction to look a little more traditional, you could
> take a look at this URL:
>     http://www.cullisonsmallcraft.com/skylarkpage.htm
> Notice the overlapping planks and the narrow frames inside.  Do a search
> for "lapstrake"
> for more examples.  Of course, you'd have to generate the hull a different
> way, probably.

First, thanks for the link.
I think I'm gonna leave the hull as it is.
Surely I'll go for a "overlapping planks" look, but, as it is made
with hamapatch, I can end with an uv-mapped mesh with bump
maps for that..

> For a modern edge-glued stripper version, look here:
>     http://www.compumarine.com

Been there.

> If you changed your texture you could make it look like strips.

That's what I'm gonna do. Thanks for your comments.

> Bob Bagwill

Txemi Jendrix
http://www.txemijendrix.com