POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : WIP Boat02 (85 Kb) : RE: WIP Boat02 (85 Kb) Server Time
13 Aug 2024 21:20:34 EDT (-0400)
  RE: WIP Boat02 (85 Kb)
From: Txemi Jendrix
Date: 19 Jan 2003 11:02:18
Message: <3e2acc0a@news.povray.org>

> Nice picture.
> How did you model the hull?

The hull has been modelled with Hamapatch.
First I tried to do it all by myself, but coudn't
get the right shape.
So I went to http://www.suurland.com/
in search of blueprints that I could use in Hamapatch
(using background image feature) to ease modelling
work and get the right size of the model.
I also found other blueprints at:
http://www.compumarine.com/
I made the hull following a blueprint, and when I got
a boat hull shape, I modified it so it fitted more with
what I think would be the shape of an antique boat
(Leonardo was born in the XV century).
Then I exported the hull model to .mdl (Moray)
and I scaled it to fit the paddle wheels' mechanism
(that is CSG).
Bye

Txemi Jendrix
http://www.txemijendrix.com