POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.animations : Copyright infringements? : Re: Copyright infringements? Server Time
26 Apr 2024 22:01:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Copyright infringements?
From: Warp
Date: 19 Jan 2003 07:08:21
Message: <3e2a9535@news.povray.org>
argus <arg### [at] npqrnet> wrote:
> Who's copyright?
> This is the IRTC, eh? Not the AmericanRTC.

> The point is that what may be protected in the USA is public domain in
> the rest of the world.

  I don't know of many musical art which is copyrighted in the USA and not
copyrighted anywhere else.

> 1. Copyright infringement is a pursuit for those who believe their
> property has been infringed. No action is ever taken without a complaint
> by the ip owner. It is not the job, or duty,  by either law or IRTC rules,
> for
> anyone to police copyright issues vis a vis IRTC entries.

  You seem to completely miss the point.
  It's not about pursuing the copyright violators. It's about avoiding
the IRTC admins from being sued because they are distributing copyrighted
material on their web server.
  Do you think that they are willing to take that risk?

  That's why there's a clear clausule in the IRTC rules that no copyrighted
material whatsoever may be used in the entries.