POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Height Field Fun : Re: Height Field Fun Server Time
19 Jul 2024 11:32:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Height Field Fun
From: Andrew Cocker
Date: 18 Jan 2003 17:59:10
Message: <3e29dc3e@news.povray.org>
"Apache" <apa### [at] yahoocom> wrote in message
> Isosurface fun?

No, just standard height_fields. What I did was render several simple rotating
animations of a
white object against a black background, then after blurring each frame, loaded them
back in
as height_fields.

> I think it's very beautiful. Could good for screensavers I think.

Thankyou. I tried it with radiosity at first, but with the focal_blur, it was taking a
few
hours per frame... not good.

All the best,

Andy Cocker