POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Reflective sphere over checkered plane :) : Re: Reflective sphere over checkered plane :) Server Time
14 Aug 2024 05:20:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Reflective sphere over checkered plane :)
From: Ross Litscher
Date: 17 Jan 2003 15:59:48
Message: <3e286ec4@news.povray.org>
JPGargoyle <jot### [at] netcabopt> wrote in message
> I dont know perl :( (but am learning python :) )
>
> The idea of using pov to generate the html is cool, but I don't know how
> get the file name.
>
> It can be hardcoded by hand. Its no big deal to #declare name =
> 'tilefile.jpg' is it? The problem is: is it practical?
>

> Best regards

you could hardcode it. but hardcoding sucks. i agree that the impracticality
of it is having to open a web browser as an image viewer. a quick look for a
way to get the filename being rendered yeilded nothing. but it seems like
something that should very easily be available. i'm having no luck searching
through the newsgroups or documentation for it though.

ross