POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : I/O permissions under windows : Re: I/O permissions under windows: possible solution Server Time
8 Jul 2024 04:43:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: I/O permissions under windows: possible solution
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 17 Jan 2003 15:39:27
Message: <3e2869ff$1@news.povray.org>
In article <3e274fa4@news.povray.org> , "hughes, b." <omn### [at] charternet>
wrote:

> Right after replying I thought I should also check the INI way of doing this
> too, just in case that also didn't work.  And it's okay, no problem with
> using simply Output_File_Name=C:\image files\ without quotes or double
> backslashes, as usual.

This is in no way officially supported in POV-Ray also it has indeed always
worked.  Quotes are mandatory when specifying paths with spaces in POV-Ray
3.5 and in previous versions there was no official support for spaces in
paths or filenames.  That said, it does indeed still work for INI files, and
only INI files, but it simply cannot work for the command line because there
is no way of knowing where a command line option starts and a path ends if
the path contains spaces.

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich
e-mail: mac### [at] povrayorg