POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Another view (approx 500kb) : Another view (approx 500kb) Server Time
19 Jul 2024 11:24:21 EDT (-0400)
  Another view (approx 500kb)
From: Tek
Date: 17 Jan 2003 12:43:40
Message: <3e2840cc@news.povray.org>
Here's a render of the cloud evolution from the point of view of a satellite
:)

I've improved the textures so they look good close-up. Much finer detail on
the turbulence of the clouds, and a sharper normal on the ground.

I'll post the source in p.b.s-f shortly...

--
Tek
http://www.evilsuperbrain.com

"Tek" <tek### [at] evilsuperbraincom> wrote in message
> I cooked this up during my lunch break today, it's a cheap way to render a
> planet. It takes only about 10 seconds to render each frame at 512x384.
This
> is 'cause it's done entirely with textures on a sphere :) no iso surfaces
or
> media.
>
> The cloud evolution is done by offsetting the cloud texture and turbulence
> by a vector dependant on time.
>
> Comments and suggestions for how to improve it are welcome :)
>
> --
> Tek
> http://www.evilsuperbrain.com

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'cheapworldsat2.m1v.mpg' (465 KB)