POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : I/O permissions under windows : Re: I/O permissions under windows: possible solution Server Time
8 Jul 2024 05:06:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: I/O permissions under windows: possible solution
From: hughes, b
Date: 16 Jan 2003 19:34:44
Message: <3e274fa4@news.povray.org>
Thorsten,

Right after replying I thought I should also check the INI way of doing this
too, just in case that also didn't work.  And it's okay, no problem with
using simply Output_File_Name=C:\image files\ without quotes or double
backslashes, as usual.

Same goes for the Documents and Settings path, just to be 100% certain. As
long as it is done through a INI all is fine. So there must be something
inoperative with the command line and paths with spaces. And not only the
path but also the file name itself cannot have a space in it either.

But now I wonder if it is only since this version of POV I have (IYKWIM). Or
if platform universatility has always kept it like this. My memory is
totally lacking here, I just know I use spaces a lot these days, and since I
use the command line switches enough too I would have noticed it before (or
so I think).

Bob