POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Worldbowl - New perspective : Re: Worldbowl - New perspective Server Time
13 Aug 2024 23:23:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Worldbowl - New perspective
From: Shay
Date: 16 Jan 2003 16:17:49
Message: <3e27217d$1@news.povray.org>
"Tim Nikias" <tim### [at] gmxde> wrote in message

> though other comments are welcome as well.

I think that you should decide exactly what you believe the worldbowl
represents and then add objects to the scene to strengthen that image.

This is how I would set up the scene:

I see the worldbowl as suggesting a floating, distant, separate viewpoint,
like the disappearance of a consciousness into the void. The empty, dark
window strengthens this imagery as well.

I would align the camera to represent the viewpoint of a person sitting in a
chair in front of the table. I would then place next to the worldbowl
something to suggest the death of the now absent person at the table. A
suicide note, a final love letter addressed by a soldier, a diary entry
outlining a dangerous experiment in which the author was about to take part,
etc.

Foreshadowing in a sense, but witnessed in the past. I think that this
arrangement could make a very provocative picture if the mood were correct.
A picture in which the worldbowl would be a very important part.

 -Shay