POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : three masks ( 83 Kb ) : Re: three masks ( 83 Kb ) Server Time
13 Aug 2024 23:16:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: three masks ( 83 Kb )
From: Jim Charter
Date: 16 Jan 2003 12:33:12
Message: <3e26ecd8$1@news.povray.org>
Jaime Vives Piqueres wrote:
>   you found something very
> interesting with that "tribal mask modelling"
Thankyou. I expect to do more.  The interest in the whole polygonal
modelling thing seems to have captivated me quite suddenly.  I am still
a long way from what the experts can achieve.  I find this site quite
interesting, btw, because it provides, frontal, side and 3/4 views:
http://www.hamillgallery.com/

> Very original use of the lightning code, BTW...

Yes, while I understand in general concept what the code does, and was
able to adapt it to my purposes, I could not have written it myself.  It
made for a pleasing dialectic to have the resource available and be able
to adapt it.

>   Thanks for using it!

No! thanks for writing it!  It's hard to put my finger on just why your
includes make lighting seem so much easier, but they definitely do.  I
mean there are still  arbitrary decisions to make. But your files seem
to ground the whole process in reality more.  Once one has used your
files, it's hard to go back to previous methods.

> next
> version is going to have some major changes...

Looking forward to them. :)

-Jim