POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Worldbowl Edition 2003 : Re: Worldbowl Edition 2003 Server Time
13 Aug 2024 23:19:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Worldbowl Edition 2003
From: Tim Nikias
Date: 15 Jan 2003 14:53:04
Message: <3e25bc20$1@news.povray.org>
> Hope I'm not too critical, but the "water" on the window-pane looks more
> like mud thrown by a passing vehicle onto a window. I haven't looked onto
> dark lake lit by a moon through a window with water on it recently, but I
> expected to see at least some of the light of the moon illuminating the
> drops of water...

Hm. I think it looks rather pleasing, though I'm not quiet satisfied yet.
It might be the resolution. In RL you'd see refractions/reflection of the
moon,
not the moon actually lighting the droplets, and they do exactly that.
Perhaps
the angle causes this, with fresnel reflection and such. I'll see what I can
come up with. If it enhances the image, it'll stay in.

> Either way, the additions really make this picture even better, which when
> first saw it, didn't think that was possible :) (Especially the media)

Thanks. That's what I hoped for, and I'm definitely not finished with it.
Right
now I'm rendering a "full version", with all updates till now, perhaps it'll
be a better basis for scrutiny.

--
Tim Nikias
Email: Tim### [at] gmxde