POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Camera is inside a non-hollow object... : Re: Camera is inside a non-hollow object... Server Time
3 Jul 2024 00:25:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Camera is inside a non-hollow object...
From: Philippe Debar
Date: 15 Jan 2003 01:27:49
Message: <3e24ff65@news.povray.org>
news:3E23DCD8.B37F4AFB@pacbell.net...
> > "hollow" should work too.
>
> It does, but it also confuses the issue of surface normals so I chose not
> to use it in my example.

Yes, the "hollow" keyword is confusing. But I believed the normals were
unaffected. Aren't they? What I understood is that the object still has a
clearly determined outside and inside - hence you can use interior{}and csg,
but you need to hollow the object to fill it with media.

Is there any planned change for that behaviour?

I do not understand why you need "hollow" to use interior{media} and not
(iirc) interior{ior} (And I really mean that I do not understand, not
anything else - there are probably technical reasons, I just do not know
them) . Is there any case where there is an advantage in using an
interior{media} in a non hollow object? BTW I'd be happy to be able to have
an object inside a media to be filled either by it's own media only or with
it's and the surrounding medias without having to use tricky csg.

Povingly,

Philippe