POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Compositing with HDRI -- test : Re: Compositing with HDRI -- test Server Time
13 Aug 2024 23:21:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Compositing with HDRI -- test
From: Harold
Date: 14 Jan 2003 11:22:48
Message: <3e243958@news.povray.org>
Jack,

What digital camera did you use? Mine does not allow exposure
control so it can't be used for the multiple exposure levels needed
for a HDRI. I wonder if a regular film camera would work? If I
could use a 35mm camera the resolution would be higher also, so
I wonder why they typically use a digital. Maybe it is easier, quicker,
no processing and scanning, and they happen to have very good
digital cameras.

HB

"Jack Couilliard" <jack underscore couilliard at hotmail dot com> wrote in
message news:3e20fd18@news.povray.org...
> Not to be left out...
>
> My test with HDRI: just a simple sphere placed on my dining room table. I
> made the hdr image with a reflective garden ball, my digital camera and
> hdrshop. The shadow is "fake", rendered using MLPov projection trick, with
> little blurring and transparancy adjustment in photoshop. The shadow could
> have just as well been created with photoshop alone, but I wanted to test
> the projection method for future application with more complex shadows.
All