POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Isosurface plugin : Re: Isosurface plugin Server Time
29 Jun 2024 00:05:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Isosurface plugin
From: StephenS
Date: 11 Jan 2003 18:02:23
Message: <3e20a27f$1@news.povray.org>
"Thomas de Groot" <t.d### [at] internlnet> wrote in message
> Yes, this is a nice solution. Especially with the inversed comment signs!!
> However, in view of the down side you mention, I think I prefer to include
> the incs myself (in the include section of Moray) whenever I use the
> isosurface plugin. Which is a great plugin, by the way!
>
> Thomas

I can't take any credit. I had no idea of this until someone else listed
this as a solution to a problem.

An alternate solution is to include this in one of the declare statements:
   XX=0; #include "functions.inc" #declare XX=0
This will be exported to povray as
  #declare XX=0; #include "functions.inc" #declare XX=0 ;
It is my understanding (please correct me if I'm wrong) that if you use
Moray's include section, only full path names are used.
Example:
#include "C:\Program Files\POV-Ray for Windows v3.5\include\functions.inc"
If you share your Moray files with others, they will need to adjust the path
name if different. For me this is only a minor annoyance, you would have to
decide for yourself.
Perhaps if I update the plugin at some time, I should add a section for
#include, in a similar way I do for #declare.

Thank you for your kind words, but I think it's only an adequate plugin, a
great plugin would have a better wire frame :-)

Stephen