POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Plugin testing : Re: Plugin testing Server Time
28 Jun 2024 23:58:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Plugin testing
From: StephenS
Date: 11 Jan 2003 16:45:36
Message: <3e209080@news.povray.org>
"Thomas de Groot" <t.d### [at] internlnet> wrote in message

> In the LUA group of plugins:
> - the karpett.lua plugin does not work (neither in version 3.3). There is
an
> error message at startup (hidden behind the Moray start screen, and thus
not
> readable)
> - the Helix.lua has a ; missing in one of the declares, thus giving an
error
> message in POV-Ray.
> - Knot.lua and Polyhedra.lua:  it is not possible to choose the texture.

After looking at the plugins listed with the Winpov editor:

parkett.lua
Suffers from what looks like a word warp problem. Line 186 needs to be
restored to its original length.
For this plugin I think the next line (187) should be the
   pov:write(" translate <-.5,-.5,0> ")
I will send the author an email.

Helix.lua
Was probably writen for Pov3.1, in which case a missing semi-colon was not a
problem. To have it run with Pov3.5 I think line 147 should be
   pov:write("#declare R = 1;")
A semi colon after the number one (1)
This seams to resolve the warning message from Pov3.5
I will send the author an email.

I had no problem selecting a texture for the Knot.lua plugin.
Note: the plugins Texture button will only list textures already declared

Stephen